Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Will work for food

A couple weeks ago I was having a rough time at work. We were really busy and as usual I had more projects going than I should have. Just when I thought I couldn't handle any more, one of my office staff mysteriously left me an email saying that they would not be able to work their shifts anymore. Considering that I am always a day or two or five behind on my emails this caused me a bit of stress. I couldn't find anyone to work the next Saturday and we had new clientele coming in for appointments.

As you may know Caron and I have put restrictions on how many times we can eat out. We allow ourselves one dinner out per month but we have a loophole. We can go out if we don't have to pay, so we allow ourselves to barter or use gift cards that we have laying around. I found a need to barter and use a gift card.

To sum things up I asked Caron to work the front office on that Saturday in return for lunch at the restaurant next door. I used a gift card that I had received from a student as a Christmas gift. Not only was I able to have some bad fast food with Caron I was able to hire the most cost effective employee I've ever had.

Mike Boren

The Guitar Lab
1010 S. Weinbach Ave.
Evansville In 47714
www.theguitarlab.com
Mike@theguitarlab.com

1 comment: