Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hmm

I just got back from a trip to Tampa and didn't do much careful consuming. Since I went to give a conference presentation, my trip was funded by the school. I had a per diem for my food, but I have to admit, I didn't really monitor this allowance. While I didn't really live extravagantly--it is Tampa, after all--I wasn't really in the moment either. In fact, I even bought a new shirt. When I knew that I'd do a little shopping with a friend that I only see once a year, I made a deal with myself--I can buy something appropriate for work--and work only--as long as it's on sale. So, I stayed within that parameter, but still felt guilty.
I feel as though I haven't changed much in my life yet and I'm not sure why. I have been working on some projects that I've been meaning to do for years, but I do it while the TV rambles on in the background. I'm making more conscious decisions about what it is that I watch (I love films and documentaries), but it does seem to be on all the time still. Today, my partner and I ate lunch without the TV or our using our iPhones; it was real challenge and lunch only took up about 15 minutes.
I feel like my contribution to the blog at this point is some kind of confession or mea culpa. I'll try to work on that too.

1 comment:

  1. Please no confessions or admissions just observations.

    ReplyDelete