Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This is weird

Okay it has only been two days but I am experiencing an interesting feeling that I didn't expect. I am not sure what it is exactly but it feels like a mixture of relief, freedom and excitement. I am feeling the openness for other possibilities and opportunities that have been overshadowed by the habit of consuming without mindfulness.

I feel relief because the limits I have imposed make decisions easier in some instances. I don't have to be burdened with things that really did take a lot more of my time. No more trying to find something to watch on TV. No more trying to decide where to go eat. I have to make due with what I've got in the fridge.

I'm not sure why that is liberating but it is. I'm sure it's the honeymoon phase and it will get tough but for now I'm enjoying the sensations of these pleasant emotions.

Very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment