Thursday, January 6, 2011

So far, so good

I've started this year long project and yet I really haven't. Yesterday, I had tickets to see a show on Broadway that I bought months ago. I actually tried (half-heartedly) to sell my ticket in the spirit of careful consumption, but when I had no takers, what could I do? Off to NYC, that's what. So, I set a limit on how much I could spend for the day on food and drinks--a modest $25. It turned out that I only spend $9, but the generosity of friends accounts for part of that story. Does this still count?

While my parameters are slightly different (I'll get to those another day), my goals are generally the same as Caron and Mike. I'd like to not frivolously spend my earnings and instead focus my efforts (and cash) towards things that enhance my life (like having new experiences). With that in mind, my savings efforts will go toward something big--an adventure! But that's a story for another day.

This blogging business will take some getting used to. It feels a little narcissistic and I'm feeling a bit on the self-conscious side about the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously, I don't think it is narcissistic because I get to write about me, me, me, me! Actually, it just fells like a journal. And if people are interested well then I say read on! Interesting how you somehow get what you need without trying. That is happening to me also.

    ReplyDelete