Tuesday, January 18, 2011

You can't always get what you want?

How many people can say that they have a spare set of Shimano cleat adapters for cycling shoes? How about an extra tremolo arm for a G&L tremolo or a spare Univibe chorus pedal. Up until a week ago I would have confidently told you that I used to have a Univibe but I sold it several years ago. I lost my G&L tremolo arm one night at a club when I went a little too Jimi Hendrix on my guitar and why would I have a pair of Shimano cleat adapters? I don't even ride Shimano pedals.

What these items are doesn't really matter. The scary thing is I owned all of them without even knowing it. Since I'm trying to not spend frivolously I've been looking for stuff that will get me by and I keep finding things. I at least remember owning the tremolo arm and the chorus pedal once upon a time. I never expected to find them while looking for spare parts but finding the cleat adapters was a little weird.

Caron and I recently started doing some spinning classes at one of the local gyms (we got free memberships because of a local cycling team I manage and race for). Rather than use tennis shoes I wanted to use some old cycling shoes, but the type of cleat I needed didn't fit without an adapter. I started rummaging through the garage looking for solutions and within ten minutes I was holding a brand new pair of cleat adapters still in the bag. I have no idea when or why I purchased them. I was glad to find them but it was a little embarrassing. I clearly wasn't paying much attention when I made that purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment